Saturday, 18 June 2011
UnSummit – An unconference on tech + biz + community
URL : http://unsummit.org/
Unsummit is a great unconference and I had a great time at CoCo MSP, which is a Minneapolis co-working space. Three things that mark Unsummit as a unique conference:
1. A lot of unconferences involve the model of “more conversations and less presentations”. Unsummit was clearly the most conversational of all meetups I have been to. When the organizers said “Full participation”, they meant it.
2. Unlike most other conferences which are intense about technology, unsummit focuses a lot more on community, startups and businesses that use technology.
3. Beer right from the beginning. Keg opened at 9AM.
Sessions that I
attended participated in.
- Startups and the Interactive Community in the Twin Cities w/ Matt Elsworth
- Cooperative Learning Theory Can Make Your Business 10% Better w/ Toby Cryns
- What is a Social Media Expert? w/ Jason Sem
- Market Power w/ Don Ball
- Finding your Web site’s Voice w/ Meg Knodl
- What are you laughing at? w/ Phil Wilson
I also happened to play ping pong ball during lunch and some one managed to take a snap 🙂