Website : http://bharad.net
Be a part of an innovative web based startup where I can apply my expertise to create valuable solutions.
- Proficient in developing database driven web applications with Python/PHP/J2EE. Beginner in Rails, Node.
- Strong appreciation of algorithms, data structures, performance, scalability, code readability in various web stacks.
- Practical working knowledge with various APIs – Twitter, Google, Amazon, Youtube, Buzz, etc.
- Strong understanding of version control, database management and infrastructure.
- Experienced in designing user interfaces and quickly implementing working prototypes.
- Technology meetups, conferences, hackathon enthusiast.
Software Engineer, BrightScope (startup), San Diego [Jul 2011 to Aug 2013]
- Developed the Question and Answer platform, several components in financial advisor pages directory.
- Enhanced search (using Solr), built several new features to the enterprise SAAS financial platform.
Software Engineer, Residential Science Resources (startup), Minneapolis [Internship: Jan 2011 to May 2011]
- Built several web components using DOOPHP, MySQL and also handled cloud migration.
Software Engineer, Antarctic Geospatial Information Center, University of Minnesota [Oct 2010 to Jan 2011]
- Architect and Developer of the Imagery management system, built using Django and PostgreSQL.
Software Engineer (Intern), Devhub [Startup, funded 1.5M USD], Seattle [Jun 2010 to Sep 2010]
- Built several modules, themes and components of this gamified website builder using Django.
Software Engineer, Jujubi, Chennai [Oct 2008 to Mar 2009]
- Developed several modules in this web based e-commerce startup.
Software Engineer, IBM [May 2006 to Sep 2008]
- Built applications in Java and web services for a leading telecom giant in US.
- Received best year end evaluation ratings twice [approx top 5%], IBM Asia-Pacific award 2008 Recipient.
Projects (view entire list here):
AskFriends (beta) – Ask your friends what to buy! (askfriendsfb.com)
- Facebook application built using python, Flask, Mysql and hosted on AWS EC2.
AZStore (beta) – Amazon List creator (Open source – http://github.com/t20/azstore)
- Built using amazon API via Cloudfront, Azstore is a simple CMS to manage lists of amazon products.
Super Events WordPress Plugin – [Creator and Developer] Event management and RSVP (open source)
- Uses WordPress custom post types to create events and uses WordPress API hooks for ajaxified RSVP.
WebhostingAngel.com – Webhosting Information and services Portal [Jan 2010]
- Built using Drupal and Ubercart, wrote custom Drupal modules for search, listing functionality.
Gootweets.com & Waatis.com – Twitter Google search mashup & AI answering engine [Dec 2009]
- Uses the Google APIs to search for answers to given questions in Google search results programatically.
Mac OSX Dashboard Widgets [Twitter search, Amazon search, Amazon total]
- Designed the three widgets [accepted by apple and made available for download in apple.com]
|M.S., Computer Science||Fall 2009 – Spring 2011||3.61 / 4||University of Minnesota, Twin Cities|
|B.E., Electrical and Electronics||2002-2006||7.99 / 10||Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India|
- Social influence in Wikipedia – Social web, Dec 2009.
- Social media Q&A response analysis, Case study with Twitter and Facebook, May 2010
Selected Course Work:
Social web, Human computer Interaction and UI Design, User Interface Design, Applied technology entrepreneurship, Advanced algorithms, Architecture and Implementation of Databases, Electronic Commerce.
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X, Unix, Linux|
|Web Technologies||Django, Flask, PHP, JSP, Servlets, CakePHP, DooPHP. Beginner in Node.|
|Markup Technologies||HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT|
|Databases||MySQL, PL/SQL, Solr, MongoDB, Redis|
|Content Management Systems||WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento|
|Sun Certified Java Programmer, 1.4||Sun Microsystems||December 2006|
|IBM eServer Certified Specialist – AIX Basic Operations V5||IBM||February 2007|
|Introduction to Oracle 9i SQL||Oracle||May 2007|
|Sun Certified Web Component Developer, J2EE, 1.4||Sun Microsystems||December 2007|